Instructions to Wedding Photographers
Unfortunately, some photographers and video operators, by their attitudes and actions, run the risk of spoiling things for everyone else. These instructions have been developed over the years as a means of guiding all photographers and those taking videos to behave in ways that keep the day special for the bride and groom and avoid annoying other guests. Your co-operation is sought.
- Photographs may be taken before the Service, that is whilst the Bride and bridesmaids are entering the Church, coming down the aisle etc.
- The official photographer may take photographs throughout the ceremony, provided there is no distraction caused by his/her activities. If a distraction is caused, the minister will stop the ceremony until the situation is rectified. This could be embarrassing to the photographer.
- There must be NO standing on seats. The photographer must respect the sanctuary area (the fenced-off section at the front of the church) and enter it only on invitation by the minister.
- This is a church service and a sacred place, so please give this occasion and this place the respect they deserve.
- Video cameras may be used during the service but the video photographer must remain in the one location for the entire service and must not cause any interruption or distraction.
- NO strong lights are permitted. Only the normal church lighting is permitted. If in any doubt, check with the minister before the bride arrives.
Thank you for your co-operation. Please adhere to these requirements to prevent difficulties or unnecessary embarrassment. If in any doubt on any point, please check with the minister before the bride arrives.